||Solving the Mormon Puzzle
From back cover:
Two well-dressed, clean cut young men stand politely at your front door. They introduce themselves as missionaries going door-to-door sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. As they continue, you note the similarities between their professions and your Christian beliefs. When doctrinal differences do arise, your visitors seemingly dismantle your contentions in lieu of their own. Soon many of your long-held beliefs appear to be in shambles and you're left with more questions than answers.
Solving the Mormon Puzzle is the Christian's ideal tool for defending their faith against the attacks of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It contains a detailed analysis of essential issues, supported by hundreds of quotations, citations and photocopies of actual Mormon publications and manuscripts, giving the Christian a clear picture of what the Mormon Church is . . . and is not.
Solving the Mormon Puzzle also illuminates and applies truth in a practical way, providing nearly eighty pages of witnessing tips and dialogues based on actual conversations between Christians and Mormons. These decisive and useful exchanges illustrate how Christians may speak the truth in love when challenged with Mormon doctrine.
Table of Contents
Can I Get a Room, Please?
Section I: Establishing the Truth Behind the Claims
- Chapter 1: Doctrinal Overview
- Chapter 2: History
- Chapter 3: Evaluating Truth
- Chapter 4: Joseph Smith's Prophetic Record
- Temple in Independence, MO prophecy
- David Patten Mission prophecy
- U.S. Government Overthrown prophecy
- Far West, MO prophecy
- Invincible Joseph Smith prophecy
- Toronto Copyright prophecy
- Chapter 5: The Mormon Doctrine of God
- Brigham Young's Adam-God Doctrine
- Mormon Objections Considered
- Chapter 6: The Book of Mormon
- Evaluation Part I: The First Vision
- Evaluation Part II: Who visited Joseph?
- Evaluation Part III: What Mormons say about the Book of Mormon
- Chapter 7: Completing the Mormon Scriptures
- Doctrine and Covenants
- Pearl of Great Price
- Chapter 8: Comparing the Mormon Scriptures
- Chapter 9: The Fifth Standard Works: The Words of the Prophet
- Chapter 10: The Mormon Church vs. The Christian Church
- The need for a Prophet
- The need for the priesthoods
- Chapter 11: The Unmentioned Side of Mormonism
- The Kinderhook Plates
- The Salamander Letters
- Blook atonement
- Joseph Smith was . . .
- Mormonism and science
- A polygamist God and His polygamist Son
- Chapter 12: Mormonism Evaluated
Section II: How to Witness to a Mormon
- Chapter 13: Witnessing Tips and Tough Situations
- The Veracity of Joseph Smith
- The Book of Mormon
- Comparing Mormon Scriptures
- Shock and Awe . . . and Salvation!
Section III: Appendices
- Jonah . . . the False Prophet?
- Chart: Conflicting Mormon Scriptures
- Chart: Conflicting Mormon Prophets
Bibliography of non-cited sources
Authors Only | Authors with Titles | Titles by Category | Titles Only
Home | FAQs
| What's New | Topical Index
| Testimony | Newsletters
| Online Resources | Online Books | Booklist
| Order/Contact | Email
| Other Websites